Statement of responsibility: by Sir Æneas Macpherson, knight of Invereshie, 1691-1705 ; ed., with notes and introduction, from the originals at Cluny castle, by the Rev. Alexander D. Murdoch
All but one of the papers have special t. p. or half-title.
civ, 253p : port., facsim ; 23 cm.
Publications of the Scottish History Society ; v.41
Farquharson family.; Chattan family.
- Contents: Introduction.
- The loyall dissuasive; or, The resolute advyse of a faithfull kinsman, in a memoriall to the laird of Cluny in Badenoch, together with other pieces, and an account of his life. 1701.
- Remarks upon the manuscript, by Sir John Mackleane.
- A supplement to the former Dissuasive B way of answer to some ingeniouz remarks made upon it ... 1704.
- The patron turned persecutor; or, A short narrative of Sr. Æneas M'Pherson his services to His Gr. the D. off G. and of the said duke his kind and oblidgeing returns... 1706.
- The vindication off Sir Œneas Macpherson wherein his fidelity to his friend is asserted and maintained, and his loyalty to the king justified and proved.
- Contents: (cont) The address and remonstrance of Sir Æneas M'Pherson prisoner in Edinr. tollbooth agt. the torture to the Commission and Council of Scotland. .
- Memorial to the king [James VII].
- Vanitie exposed [Farquharson genealogy].