Statement of responsibility: G. Reginald Daniel
ISBN: 0271028831, 9780271028835
Includes bibliographical references (p. -334) and index.
xvi, 365 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
United States Race relations.; Brazil Race relations.
- The historical foundation
- Eurocentrism : racial formation and the master racial project
- The Brazilian path : the ternary racial project
- The Brazilian path less traveled : contesting the ternary racial project
- The U.S. path: the binary racial project
- The U.S. path less traveled : contesting the binary racial project
- Converging paths
- A new U.S. racial order : the demise of Jim Crow segregation
- A new Brazilian racial order : a decline in the racial democracy ideology
- The U.S. convergence : toward the Brazilian path
- The Brazilian convergence : toward the U.S. path
- Epilogue : the U.S. and Brazilian racial orders : changing points of reference